collapse

Author Topic: Tigers win the 2020 World Series 4-3  (Read 1277 times)

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
Re: Tigers win the 2020 World Series 4-3
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »
Congrats Adam.

Super cool meme (and one of my favorite movies)! Thanks, James!
Detroit Tigers Baseball Club.  Carol Baskin feeds us well.

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 World Series - Tigers vs Cardinals
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2020, 08:03:13 PM »
Come on Adam!! What are we doing here????  You are representing the AL!!!!

Thanks, Paul!

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 08:04:11 PM »
Congrats, Adam!

Thanks, Tim and thanks for already updating the banner up top. Looks great!

Offline MickeyD

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2020, 08:10:59 PM »
Adam! Big congrats my friend! You had the best team all year and certainly deserved to cash in by taking home the trophy!
Houston Astros Baseball Club.  We traded the trash can 2 years after we drafted it!

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 08:31:42 PM »
Adam! Big congrats my friend! You had the best team all year and certainly deserved to cash in by taking home the trophy!

Thanks, Mick! I appreciate it!

Offline Tom (Cards)

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2020, 09:08:08 PM »
Wow, what a heartbreaker for the Cards. St. Louis showed a ton of heart in this game, coming back twice in the late innings before finally falling in the ninth.

In the eighth, with the Cards down a run, Miguel Sano blasted his second home run of the series to tie the game at 3-3. But Cody Bellinger tripled and scored on a Giancarlo Stanton sacrifice fly, giving the Tigers a 4-3 lead going into the ninth.

Ian Happ led off the ninth with a hard grounder to shortstop Javy Baez, who misplayed the ball, letting Happ reach first. Ken Giles struck out pinch-hitter Franmil Reyes. Happ stole second, but Wilson Ramos went down swinging for the second out. Adam Frazier's two-out liner into right-center dropped, plating Happ and knotting the game at 4-4.

In the bottom of the ninth, Mike Ford led off with a single. After Michael Lorenzen (in his third inning of work, due to a depleted bullpen after a 22-14 loss in game 6) got Matt Chapman to fly out. Alez Avila then walked on four pitches. Ford advanced to third on an A.J. Pollock fly out. Luis Arraez - in a fantastic at bat - worked his way back from an 0-2 count to walk on seven pitches, loading the bases for Freddy Galvis. Galvis, who had replaced Gleyber Torres at second in the top of the inning, became the unlikely offensive hero, lining an 0-1 pitch into left field and touching off a celebration in Motown as Ford crossed the plate with the game-winning run.

Congratulations to Adam's Tigers on a great series and an amazing season! There's no question the best team in WLSB won the title, and I'm proud that my team pushed them to the brink. Many thanks to everyone for the kind words on the Cards' success - we will be back intact and hopefully every bit as strong in 2021.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:39:19 PM by Tom (Cards) »

Online StevenH

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
Well said Tom. Could picture everything you said as if I was in the stands watching the game live. Great season to both you and Adam. Nice work guys!
Steven Helfrich
Brewers GM

Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. Want to see what beer goggles are like?  Look at our roster.

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2020, 09:27:47 PM »
In the eighth, with the Cards down a run, Miguel Sano blasted his second home run of the series to tie the game at 3-3. But Cody Bellinger tripled and scored on a Giancarlo Stanton sacrifice fly, giving the Tigers a 4-3 lead going into the ninth.

Ian Happ led off the ninth with a hard grounder to shortstop Javy Baez, who misplayed the ball, letting Happ reach first. Ken Giles struck out pinch-hitter Franmil Reyes. Happ stole second, but Wilson Ramos went down swinging for the second out. Adam Frazier's two-out liner into right-center dropped, plating Happ and knotting the game at 4-4.

In the bottom of the ninth, Matt Ford led off with a single. After Michael Lorenzen (in his third inning of work, due to a depleted bullpen after a 22-14 loss in game 6) got Matt Chapman to fly out. Alez Avila then walked on four pitches. Ford advanced to third on an A.J. Pollock fly out. Luis Arraez - in a fantastic at bat - worked his way back from an 0-2 count to walk on seven pitches, loading the bases for Freddy Galvis. Galvis, who had replaced Gleyber Torres at second in the top of the inning, became the unlikely offensive hero, lining an 0-1 pitch into left field and touching off a celebration in Motown as Ford crossed the plate with the game-winning run.

Wow! I knew it was a walkoff win after a blown save, but I hadn’t looked at the specifics. Ford, Avila and Galvis all contributing in the 9th is very cool, but it also makes me wonder if my sim manager got a little trigger happy pinch hitting and putting in those defensive replacements. I’m glad it worked out though!

Offline MikeE

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »
Good work Adam. Way to bring it home for the AL...because if you hadn’t...you wouldn’t have forgotten it.  ;D
Mike Elser
Seattle Mariners GM
2020 AL West Champion

Former GM of Arizona Diamondbacks (WLSB), Chicago Cubs (MLBSA), Texas Rangers (BNSL)

The Seattle Mariners: Called "Daddy" by the Los Angeles Angels and the rest of the AL West

Offline paulc

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2020, 04:26:40 AM »
Good work Adam. Way to bring it home for the AL...because if you hadn’t...you wouldn’t have forgotten it.  ;D

;D

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2020, 01:40:54 PM »

I believe this! lol

Offline SteveM

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:49 AM »
Congrats Adam!  You had the best team from the beginning till the end.

Also GREAT job Tom taking your run to an exciting finish in 7 games!  Wow.
Supreme Leader of the Chicago Cubs Franchise

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 09:50:15 AM »
Congrats Adam!  You had the best team from the beginning till the end.

Thanks, Steve!

Offline shawn_b31

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »
Congrats Adam. Thanks for bringing a World Series title to the great state of Michigan. As a Tigers fan, this will be most likely the only World Series Win i'll see in my lifetime. Get ready for next year when you see a Title in Pittsburgh.

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2020, 12:50:10 PM »
Congrats Adam. Thanks for bringing a World Series title to the great state of Michigan. As a Tigers fan, this will be most likely the only World Series Win i'll see in my lifetime. Get ready for next year when you see a Title in Pittsburgh.

Ouch! You're not as optimistic about Mize, Skubal, Manning, Torkelson and Greene as I am if you don't think you'll see another World Series for the Tigers in your lifetime (since you're in your 30's). Thanks for the congrats though! I'd love nothing more than to play you in the World Series next year and to treat you like the little brother that you are.  ;)

* Sim Results

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online: