collapse

Author Topic: Post Season Chat  (Read 419 times)

Offline BrianMac

• GM
    • View Profile
Post Season Chat
« on: October 08, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
In an effort to try and keep the game threads clean please discuss results in here..... and general disdain for each other....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:40:47 PM by BrianMac »
Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Club.  Our team makes you want to start smoking.

Offline Tom (Cards)

• GM
    • View Profile
Re: Post Season Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:21:28 PM »
Did a post-Wild Card file ever go out? I never got one, and I ended up with my 4 and 5 starters pitching (and losing) games 1 and 2.

Offline Tom (Cards)

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:22:30 PM »
Never mind - I got screwed by the Yahoo spam folder. Very frustrating. Sigh. Next time, if for some reason a team that's normally very active doesn't submit a profile for the playoffs, please send a PM or something.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:41:51 PM by Tom (Cards) »

Offline paulc

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:47 AM »
Sonofabitch

That is all

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:21:03 AM »
Sonofabitch

That is all

:o

Let’s go, Walker Buehler!!
Detroit Tigers Baseball Club.  Carol Baskin feeds us well.

Offline BrianMac

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 07:37:59 PM »
Just to further explain what I mistakenly did on the first sim is I used the file that didn't have the latest files and updated DCs in them. Its all there in video forum to you to see in my video history. I also simmed one extra day by accident which finished both series. Again sorry guys i'm usually pretty good with this in all my sims to date but in these playoffs i've had 2 blunders. And if it makes you feel any better Jared the file without line up changes ended up winning in 5 games  :o  Matt & Adam's series went to a game 7 already. Don't know if its a jinx but the Tigers did win in the file that I will delete now.

Offline BrianMac

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
Just to further explain what I mistakenly did on the first sim is I used the file that didn't have the latest files and updated DCs in them. Its all there in video forum to you to see in my video history. I also simmed one extra day by accident which finished both series. Again sorry guys i'm usually pretty good with this in all my sims to date but in these playoffs i've had 2 blunders. And if it makes you feel any better Jared the file without line up changes ended up winning in 5 games  :o  Matt & Adam's series went to a game 7 already. Don't know if its a jinx but the Tigers did win in the file that I will delete now.

And I should also say why I have a second file.... i've been running a second file for the playoffs without using any updates to the rosters and seeing if the results were different. I've been doing this off and on throughout the year. As sometimes GMs say to me there team is better without touching it and letting the game do all the work. So this was kinda my pet project to see how the results would vary. But halfway through the year I stopped and I will tell you the results were wildly different but the playoffs are kinda the same. Don't want to spoil it but there is one team that wins it in my practice sim over and over again.... and they are still in it.

Offline AdamB58

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 08:21:31 AM »
Very exciting World Series happening here!
Detroit Tigers Baseball Club.  Carol Baskin feeds us well.

Offline RyanM

• GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
Game 7's left and right in the playoffs this year!
Ryan McKnight
Colorado Rockies GM

* Sim Results

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online: